Most Active Stories
- Lakota Woman Killed In Rosebud Dog Attack
- Dakota Midday: State Boys Basketball Tournament Preview
- Noem, USDA Secretary Disagree On School Lunch Nutrition Standards
- Dakota Midday: Environmental Activist Vandana Shiva
- Despite Lower Revenues Budget Provides Increases To Education, State Employees, Providers
Wed April 3, 2013
April Is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Rapid City is seeing an increase in reported cases of sexual assault.
Working Against Violence, a resource center for victims, reports a 60-percent increase in the number of reported sexual assault cases over last year. In 2011 there were 67 cases--that number was 97 in 2012. Officials say it’s part of an increasing trend in Rapid City over the last several years.
SDPB’s Charles Michael Ray has today’s Dakota Digest on the effort to reduce the problem.