In the Moment, April 30, 2021 Show 1039.
- Michael Hammond, chief legislative council for Gun Owners of America discusses a gun-licensing case that the U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear. The 2A case is the first of its kind in more than a decade. NY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v Corlett.
- How can South Dakotans see a better return on higher education investment? Brian Maher is the executive director of the Board of Regents. He joins us with an update on the task force studying the operations of public universities in South Dakota.
- Guns in South Dakota: We wrap up our April SDPB Spotlight by recapping the multiple perspectives on our relationships with guns and the work yet to be done in South Dakota.
- In Their Own Words: We honor South Dakota high school seniors. Today we hear from Todd County senior and Oglala Lakota tribal member Summer Romero.
- Lura Roti explores the role of rural vets in South Dakota.
- Brenda Wade Schmidt reports on vaccine administration in the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe and why those numbers are not reflected in the state's total vaccine count.
- Eliza Blue's April Postcard from the Prairie explores the fragility of Spring, survival on the northern plains, and the distance between what we want and what we need.
Wrapping Up 'Guns In South Dakota', And Higher Education's ROI
By Joshua Haiar • Apr 30, 2021