In this week’s South Dakota news, a civil trial at the Aberdeen federal courthouse challenges the implementation of HB 1094, and reports from counties in Minnesota and North Dakota show communities divided over refugee resettlement. Is the quarrel soon coming to South Dakota?
- Law Enforcement officers in Pennington County now have access to drones.
- Randy Seiler is now the state Democratic party chair.
- Dakota Political Junkies.
- LNI brings thousands of people to Rapid.
- South Dakota Supreme Court has unanimously upheld the conviction of the state's last death-row inmate.
- A group of inmates are raising money to help causes that support missing and murdered Indigenous women and Native health care programs.
Have a story idea? Send an e-mail to InTheMoment@SDPB.org.