In the Moment, May 17, 2021 Show 1050.
- Dr. Shankar Kurra from Monument Health joins us for our COVID update. Today we talk about taking off the masks in South Dakota.
- SDPB's Richard Two Bulls brings us the story of a Lakota war veteran who, after he got out of the service, spent 38 years as an educator at Pine Ridge.
- Monday Macro with Joe Santos: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released its measure of the consumer price index (CPI) for April 2021. According to the release, the CPI rose year-over-year by 4.2 percent, the largest year-over-year increase since September 2008. Immediately after the BLS released its report, financial markets found reason to panic. Macroeconomist Joe Santos explains CPI, inflation, and how inflation expectations matter as much as the data points.
- This day in South Dakota history takes us back to 1884 where a hearing resulted in a temporary reprieve for passenger rail service on the Minneapolis St. Louis rail line.
- In today's "Images of the Past," we continue a series called, "Old Guitars and the Local Musicians Who Love Them." We'll look at two electric guitars in the collection of the National Music Museum in Vermillion. SDPB's Brian Gevik brings the sounds of these guitars to In the Moment.
- SDPB's Nate Wek recaps a thrilling FCS championship game and talks about SDSU's loss and how the team intends to rebound for a fall season.