In the Moment, May 4, 2021 Show 1041.
- ACLU Indigenous Justice Organizer Candi Brings Plenty offers a legislative update for our #MMIWinSD May Spotlight.
- Lee Strubinger talks about the state's expectation for tourism season and workforce shortage.
- Lily Mendoza of the Red Ribbon Skirt Society discusses the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women crisis in South Dakota and previews a May 5th art installation at the Journey Museum in Rapid City.
- We talk with Evan Williams, director and producer of the new FRONTLINE investigations into the persistent human rights violations of the Eritrean government in East Africa. Since 2016 Williams has been uncovering and verifying hidden footage of prisons and detention camps and interviewing Eritreans who have escaped the regime.
- NPR's Tiny Desk Contest launches today. SDPB's Katy Beem joins us to explain the process and we'll hear music from last year's Local Favorite.