United States Poet Laureate Joy Harjo says America has a broken heart, and poetry can help heal it. Part of that healing is the acknowledgement of generations of Native American poetic voices. We talk with Harjo ahead of her visit to South Dakota — just one of many arts interviews featured this week on the live broadcast of “In the Moment.” We’ve pulled together some arts highlights for the week. Here’s what you can explore on this week’s “In the Moment: Arts” podcast.
- United States Poet Laureate Joy Harjo comes to Brookings
- Indigenous art from Yupik sculptures at the Journey Museum in Rapid City
- DWU Professor Joel Allen explores the human search for God and truth on “Biblical Conversations”
- The mental health crisis in America with Dr. Kenneth Rosenberg, author of “Bedlam”
- Poetry from Studio 47: Sinead Morrissey
Do you know an artist, poet, or musician you’d like to hear featured on In the Moment? Send us an email atInTheMoment@sdpb.org.