Get To Know South Dakota's Decision Makers
South Dakotans often say they want "common sense" solutions to the state's challenges. The people who represent our interests in meeting those challenges are South Dakotans themselves. This week we introduce you to some of the decision makers in our government — people with the power to “get stuff done.”
- Heather Dawn Thompson, the new Director of the Office of Tribal Relations for the Biden administration.
- U.S. Senator Mike Rounds.
- Jim Hagen, Secretary of the state Department of Tourism.
- South Dakota Secretary of Health Kim Malsom-Rysdon, alongside physician leaders.
- Kevin Robling, Interim Secretary for the Game, Fish, and Parks Department.