South Dakota Begins To Turn The Corner On COVID
In the Moment, May 3, 2021 Show 1040.
- Lura Roti talks with state farmers and ranchers who are finding they are in need of second jobs to pay the bills.
- Julie Schmitz Jensen is president & CEO of Visit Rapid City. We talk about the impact of the ongoing pandemic on the tourism industry and the good news for a "post-pandemic" visitor season.
- Dr. Susan Hoover specializes in infectious disease and travel medicine with Sanford Health. She joins us with a COVID-19 Update.
- This Day in South Dakota History: We remember an early May blizzard in 1905 that killed thousands of cattle, horses, and sheep. The animals were soaked by rain and then chilled by cold temperatures, strong winds, and heavy snow.
- Images of the Past: SDPB's Brian Gevik talks to some old hands from the Diamond A Ranch near Eagle Butte — at one time the largest ranch in South Dakota.
- Leekyung Kang is the Sanford Underground Lab's Artist in Residence for 2021. Her portfolio explores spaces including the metropolis of Seoul, South Korea, and the evolving architecture of Providence, Rhode Island.