Author Louise Erdrich, Housing Our Veterans, And Talking Money With Kids
In the Moment, April 9, 2021 Show 1024.
- Vincent Morales is co-founder of the Veterans Community Project. He joins us to talk about a proposed tiny house community for veterans in Sioux Falls, with the goal of ending veteran homelessness.
- SDPB's Richard Two Bulls introduces us to Lakota Hoop Dancer Starr Chief Eagle. We talk about culture, tradition, and education through the arts.
- The South Dakota Humanities Council has completed their "Voting: Why It Matters" initiative. We hear excerpts from Lori Walsh's conversation with author Louise Erdrich. We'll talk about the proposed termination of tribal people and the power of fiction in turbulent times.
- Literature can be serious, but it can also be silly and fun. Joseph Bottum performs his rollicking poem about those books we read and the ones we wish we had read.
- April is National Financial Literacy month. Financial therapist Rick Kahler joins us to talk about how we talk about money with our kids.
- "Variations on H.O.P.E." is an all-abilities arts performance. We welcome Heather Pickering for a preview and a conversation about why the arts are for everyone.