13 more coronavirus deaths, 305 hospitalized, 14,355 active cases
The portion of eligible South Dakotans who are fully vaccinated remains at 56 percent. Meanwhile, health systems in the state report about 90 percent of hospitalized COVID patients are not vaccinated.
Information on free vaccines is available at vaccines.gov.
Note: The data presented is from the previous day — Tuesday updates include data from over the weekend (Saturday 1 pm CT - Monday 1 pm CT)
- State’s death toll: 2,520 (+13 from the previous report)
- Note: 'Death toll' indicates the number of deaths among people with COVID, but COVID may not have been the sole cause of death.
- Deaths verifiably caused by COVID: 2,162 (updated weekly)
- Active cases: 14,355 (+1,777)
- Eligable South Dakotans fully vaccinated: 55.85%
- Currently hospitalized: 305 (+18)
- Note: Currently Hospitalized numbers include COVID-19 cases and people that are in the hospital under transmission-based precautions. The number may include out-of-state cases and people.
- Advice from the CDC is to get vaccinated, and mask-up indoors if you live in a place with high or substantial coronavirus transmission. That’s everywhere in South Dakota.