Another COVID death, 239 hospitalized, 159,000 boosters given
Note: The data presented is from the previous day — Tuesday updates include data from over the weekend (Saturday 1 pm CT - Monday 1 pm CT)
- State’s death toll: 2,450 (+1 from the previous report)
- Note: 'Death toll' indicates the number of deaths among people with COVID, but COVID may not have been the sole cause of death.
- Deaths verifiably caused by COVID: 2,162 (updated weekly)
- Active cases: 7,102 (+12)
- Eligable South Dakotans fully vaccinated: 55.30%
- Vaccine boosters administered: 159,019
- Currently hospitalized: 239 (+/- 0)
- Note: Currently Hospitalized numbers include COVID-19 cases and people that are in the hospital under transmission-based precautions. The number may include out-of-state cases and people.
Advice from the CDC is to get vaccinated, and mask-up indoors if you live in a place with high or substantial coronavirus transmission. That’s everywhere in South Dakota except Ziebach and Jackson Counties.