2 more deaths, 247 hospitalized, and 7,572 active cases
Note: The data presented is from the previous day — Tuesday updates include data from over the weekend (Saturday 1 pm CT - Monday 1 pm CT)
- State’s death toll: 2,357 (+2 from the previous report)
- Note: 'Death toll' indicates the number of deaths among people with COVID, but COVID may not have been the sole cause of death.
- Deaths verifiably caused by COVID: 2,071 (updated weekly)
- Active cases: 7,572 (+156)
- Eligable South Dakotans fully vaccinated: 53.89% (+0.16%)
- Vaccine boosters administered: 126,433
- Currently hospitalized: 247 (-1)
- Note: Currently Hospitalized numbers include COVID-19 cases and people that are in the hospital under transmission-based precautions. The number may include out-of-state cases and people.
The vaccination of children ages 5 to 11 against COVID-19 is well underway.
The FDA and CDC have given the OK for fully vaccinated Americans who are age 18 and older to receive a COVID-19 booster shot.
The current advice from the CDC is to mask up indoors if you live in a place with "substantial" or "high" coronavirus transmission. In South Dakota, that's all but Harding, Buffalo, Miner, Dewey, and Oglala Lakota counties.