9 more COVID deaths, 237 hospitalized, 6,950 active infections
Note: The data presented is from the previous day — Tuesday updates include data from over the weekend (Saturday 1 pm CT - Monday 1 pm CT)
- State’s death toll: 2,318 (+9 from the previous report)
- Note: 'Death toll' indicates the number of deaths among people with COVID, but COVID may not have been the sole cause of death.
- Deaths verifiably caused by COVID: 2,055 (updated weekly)
- Active cases: 6,950 (+85)
- People 12 and older who are fully vaccinated: 59.17% (+0.1%)
- Vaccine boosters administered: 107,969
- Currently hospitalized: 237 (+7)
- Note: Currently Hospitalized numbers include COVID-19 cases and people that are in the hospital under transmission-based precautions. The number may include out-of-state cases and people.
The vaccination of children ages 5 to 11 against COVID-19 is well underway.
The Food and Drug Administration has given its OK for fully vaccinated Americans who are age 18 and older to receive a COVID-19 booster shot.
The current advice from the CDC is to mask up indoors if you live in a place with "substantial" or "high" coronavirus transmission. In South Dakota, that's all but Harding and Aurora counties.