Most Active Stories
- Lakota Woman Killed In Rosebud Dog Attack
- Dakota Midday: State Boys Basketball Tournament Preview
- Noem, USDA Secretary Disagree On School Lunch Nutrition Standards
- Dakota Midday: Environmental Activist Vandana Shiva
- Despite Lower Revenues Budget Provides Increases To Education, State Employees, Providers
Tue November 12, 2013
Prayer At Public Meetings: A Relic Of History?
The United States Supreme Court heard arguments last week regarding prayer before public meetings. It’s a complicated topic, pitting various First Amendment rights against one another. Depending on the outcome of this case, the Rapid City Common Council could face a lawsuit for its invocation practices. For today’s Dakota Digest, the fourth in a five-part series, SDPB’s Victoria Wicks distills the Supreme Court arguments.