Most Active Stories
- Lakota Woman Killed In Rosebud Dog Attack
- Dakota Midday: State Boys Basketball Tournament Preview
- Noem, USDA Secretary Disagree On School Lunch Nutrition Standards
- Dakota Midday: Environmental Activist Vandana Shiva
- Despite Lower Revenues Budget Provides Increases To Education, State Employees, Providers
Wed February 6, 2013
Eugene Gienger Performs Original Wieland Composition
By Victoria Wicks
Two transplanted South Dakota musicians grew up in rural areas in North Dakota. Now William Wieland lives in Aberdeen and teaches music at Northern State University. And Eugene Gienger lives in Custer and performs all around the state. Over the past year, the music professor wrote a composition for the performer. At a concert at Hot Springs on Sunday, Feb. 10, Gienger will play the piece in its entirety for the first time before an audience. In this Dakota Digest, SDPB’s Victoria Wicks travels to Custer to talk with Eugene Gienger and hear him play Eurydice and Orpheus.
Eugene Gienger will play at the Mueller Civic Center in Hot Springs on Sunday, February 10th at 2 p.m. The composer, William Wieland, is expected to attend also.