Most Active Stories
- Lakota Woman Killed In Rosebud Dog Attack
- Dakota Midday: State Boys Basketball Tournament Preview
- Noem, USDA Secretary Disagree On School Lunch Nutrition Standards
- Dakota Midday: Environmental Activist Vandana Shiva
- Despite Lower Revenues Budget Provides Increases To Education, State Employees, Providers
Thu November 8, 2012
Dahl Arts Center Hosts 'The Goods' Fundraiser
The Dahl Arts Center in Rapid City is having a fundraiser Friday evening to benefit its arts programming.
“The Goods” is an event where artists are asked to create a new piece of unsigned artwork and donate it anonymously. Attendees can bid on the more than sixty works of art. As many as twenty people can bid on each item. Winning names are drawn in a lottery.
Pepper Massey is the Executive Director of the Dahl Arts Center. She says “The Goods” is an opportunity to bring art and people together.
“We hang this art and people can come in and they can fall in love with the piece, not because they know the artist, but because there’s something about the piece that is compelling to them, or you know, that speaks to them in a different way,” says Massey.
Massey says this event is aimed at bringing an appreciation for the arts and making it accessible to everyone. Massey adds that this event serves as a nice prelude to holiday socializing. This year is the seventh year of “The Goods”.